The days of traditional white, round, & smooth wedding cakes are long gone! Wedding couples are choosing to make their cake a complete reflection of their personalities and taste.
Planning the wedding cake details is one of the most fun parts of our job here at the Inn. We love helping our wedding couples create their perfect wedding cake and seeing each unique end result!
From the simplicity of textured icing:
To completely changing to a colored cake:
We would like to invite you to join us for our Fall Bridal Open House & Tasting Sunday, October 14th from 2-4 pm.
Tour our historic banquet spaces and suites while you sample a wide array of cuisine prepared by our award-winning culinary team and taste gourmet wedding cakes and specialty cocktails.
Enjoy spa services and register for an exclusive Foundry Park Inn & Spa giveaway.
Tickets are $10 per person, payable at the door
RSVP to Sales@Foundryparkinn.com
*Brides or Hosts with an event on the books will receive 2 complimentary tickets
Don’t Miss It! The Foundry Park Inn is on
Say Yes to the Dress – Bridesmaids tonight!
Tonight on TLC at 5:30, one of the Foundry Park Inn’s Spring Brides will conclude her fabulous (and dramatic) wedding journey with her bridesmaids! Be sure not to miss this Melting Point wedding ceremony and reception!
The bride, Meghan, and her bridesmaids were featured as the season premier back in April.
Click Here to watch a Clip!
Kappa Alpha Theta hosted their parents weekend at The Inn on September 14th.
They commissioned Gardenia Floral Design to create some unique lighting in The Foundry Ballrooms ceiling – over the dance floor.
The sororities colors are black and gold, so they choose the colors for their paper lanterns. The Foundry Park Inn created the specialty lit center pieces.
Lets face it, we all love the fabric swags in the ceiling of the ballroom, but this is still pretty gorgeous:
Event Facility & Event Catering: The Foundry Ballroom, Galleria One, Galleria Two at the Foundry Park Inn & Spa
Centerpieces, signs & Decor – The Foundry Park Inn & Spa
Specialty Lighting – Gardenia Floral Design
A Twist on the Traditional
When planning your rehearsal dinner, couples may want to consider switching it up. These days, many couples are using the rehearsal dinner as an opportunity to spend more time with wedding guests as they prepare for the BIG celebration to come.
Consider some of these options as you begin to lay out your plans:
1. Have lots of out of town guests that you feel the need to invite? Host a smaller rehearsal “dinner” for only members of the wedding party and immediate family (rule: If you walk down the aisle, you have dinner). Then follow the dinner with a open invite to all guests for a desert reception and “meet & greet” (The Melting Point private area is a perfect location – drinks & entertainment in one!).
This allows out of town guests more time to travel, or enjoy dinner the area of your wedding location. It also allows more quality time for the bride and groom with their wedding party, immediate family but also more time for mixing and mingling with other guests later that evening (that you may miss in the whirlwind of the wedding).
2. Consider a Theme! Does the groom love Italian, Mexican or Chinese food? Consider a completely themed dinner buffet. Jazz up your Caribbean themed meal with a steel drum band, or a low country boil with a Zydeco trio. Pizza and beer? No problem! The days of stuffy seated rehearsal dinners are over.
3. Switch up your time. If you’re planning a Sunday wedding, it’s sometimes difficult to schedule your rehearsal (let alone your rehearsal dinner) on a busy Saturday night. Think about a rehearsal brunch, or lunch. The wedding party and wedding guests can then use Saturday night as an opportunity to relax or go out on the town.
Fall and Winter are a beautiful time of year here in Athens, but the unpredictable weather can leave some brides with some last minute wedding stress. Here are our tips for managing the weather (and Athens) this upcoming season:
1. Do buy 3-4 cute matching umbrellas for photos. Even if it rains, you have some cute outside shots!
2. Do consider other downtown Athens Fall & Winter festivities, not only for traffic warnings for guests, but also to give guests some options for activities while they are in town. Try the Flagpole calendar for shows, art exhibits and special events.
3. Remember the time change! November 4th at 2:00am. Consider this when planning late fall and December photo timelines. It will be getting much darker earlier in the evening.
4. You don’t have to rule out an outdoor ceremony…even in the late fall or early winter! Passing out cute blankets as favors, hot drink bars, utilizing propane heaters (we have ‘em!) and keeping the ceremony short and sweet will all help to make your dream outdoor ceremony a success.
5. Remember the Wind! The sun might be shining and the fall leaves may be perfect, but fall wind can quickly undo an outside candle centerpiece. Be sure that outdoor candles are low in their vases, and that any unity candles used for your outdoor ceremony are covered with hurricane shades.
We’d love to talk with you about how we can help you have your perfect wedding! Give us a call at 706.433.1943 or send us an email!
Congratulations to our own Executive Chef Steve Vining!
Check out this article in the Athens Banner Herald for a write up on our fantastic chef.
Wedding guests love Chef Steve’s food! Come try it at our Bridal Open House and Tasting on Sunday, October 14th!