What a great family to work with on both the bride and groom’s side! This sweet couple tied the knot this past Fall with their ceremony in Galleria Two and a Station Style Reception in the Melting Point. What made this ceremony extra special was that it was officiated via the bride’s uncle who was stationed oversees, thanks to Skype! That was definitely a first for us, but probably not a last. We welcome your ideas in making your wedding personal to what’s important to YOU! Take a look through their beautiful photos.
Ceremony: Galleria Two
Reception: The Melting Point
Catering, Accommodations: The Foundry Park Inn & Spa
Photography: Melissa Pepin Photography
Florist: Sandy French
Lights & Lanterns Decor: Gardenia Floral Design
We would like to invite you to join us for our Fall Bridal Open House & Tasting Sunday, October 14th from 2-4 pm.
Tour our historic banquet spaces and suites while you sample a wide array of cuisine prepared by our award-winning culinary team and taste gourmet wedding cakes and specialty cocktails.
Enjoy spa services and register for an exclusive Foundry Park Inn & Spa giveaway.
Tickets are $10 per person, payable at the door
RSVP to Sales@Foundryparkinn.com
*Brides or Hosts with an event on the books will receive 2 complimentary tickets
Kappa Alpha Theta hosted their parents weekend at The Inn on September 14th.
They commissioned Gardenia Floral Design to create some unique lighting in The Foundry Ballrooms ceiling – over the dance floor.
The sororities colors are black and gold, so they choose the colors for their paper lanterns. The Foundry Park Inn created the specialty lit center pieces.
Lets face it, we all love the fabric swags in the ceiling of the ballroom, but this is still pretty gorgeous:
Event Facility & Event Catering: The Foundry Ballroom, Galleria One, Galleria Two at the Foundry Park Inn & Spa
Centerpieces, signs & Decor – The Foundry Park Inn & Spa
Specialty Lighting – Gardenia Floral Design
A Twist on the Traditional
When planning your rehearsal dinner, couples may want to consider switching it up. These days, many couples are using the rehearsal dinner as an opportunity to spend more time with wedding guests as they prepare for the BIG celebration to come.
Consider some of these options as you begin to lay out your plans:
1. Have lots of out of town guests that you feel the need to invite? Host a smaller rehearsal “dinner” for only members of the wedding party and immediate family (rule: If you walk down the aisle, you have dinner). Then follow the dinner with a open invite to all guests for a desert reception and “meet & greet” (The Melting Point private area is a perfect location – drinks & entertainment in one!).
This allows out of town guests more time to travel, or enjoy dinner the area of your wedding location. It also allows more quality time for the bride and groom with their wedding party, immediate family but also more time for mixing and mingling with other guests later that evening (that you may miss in the whirlwind of the wedding).
2. Consider a Theme! Does the groom love Italian, Mexican or Chinese food? Consider a completely themed dinner buffet. Jazz up your Caribbean themed meal with a steel drum band, or a low country boil with a Zydeco trio. Pizza and beer? No problem! The days of stuffy seated rehearsal dinners are over.
3. Switch up your time. If you’re planning a Sunday wedding, it’s sometimes difficult to schedule your rehearsal (let alone your rehearsal dinner) on a busy Saturday night. Think about a rehearsal brunch, or lunch. The wedding party and wedding guests can then use Saturday night as an opportunity to relax or go out on the town.
Fall and Winter are a beautiful time of year here in Athens, but the unpredictable weather can leave some brides with some last minute wedding stress. Here are our tips for managing the weather (and Athens) this upcoming season:
1. Do buy 3-4 cute matching umbrellas for photos. Even if it rains, you have some cute outside shots!
2. Do consider other downtown Athens Fall & Winter festivities, not only for traffic warnings for guests, but also to give guests some options for activities while they are in town. Try the Flagpole calendar for shows, art exhibits and special events.
3. Remember the time change! November 4th at 2:00am. Consider this when planning late fall and December photo timelines. It will be getting much darker earlier in the evening.
4. You don’t have to rule out an outdoor ceremony…even in the late fall or early winter! Passing out cute blankets as favors, hot drink bars, utilizing propane heaters (we have ‘em!) and keeping the ceremony short and sweet will all help to make your dream outdoor ceremony a success.
5. Remember the Wind! The sun might be shining and the fall leaves may be perfect, but fall wind can quickly undo an outside candle centerpiece. Be sure that outdoor candles are low in their vases, and that any unity candles used for your outdoor ceremony are covered with hurricane shades.
We’d love to talk with you about how we can help you have your perfect wedding! Give us a call at 706.433.1943 or send us an email!
True Athenians with a penchant for great style, Conley & Adam choose The Foundry Park Inn to play host to their friends and family for a wedding weekend full of music and excitement.
Conley, owner of Fleur De Lis Events choose peacock color and feathers as inspiration for her décor. Adam, bassist for popular Athens band Perpetual Grove gathered band members and local musicians to carry their reception through the night.
The Bride selected up and coming designer Wynokia Designs to create custom bridesmaids dresses as well as her fabulous wedding gown and after party dress.
The couples choose to host all events here at The Foundry Park Inn – from their Rehearsal Dinner on The Hoyt House Pavilion, Ceremony in Galleria Two, Reception in The Foundry Ballroom and after party at our music venue, The Melting Point.
Enjoy their photos by A Different Light Images
Their wedding cake included a single peacock feather painted on fondant icing by Cecilia Villaveces Cakes.
Rehearsal Dinner – The Hoyt House Pavilion
Wedding Ceremony – Galleria Two
Wedding Reception – The Foundry Ballroom & Galleria One
After-Party – The Melting Point at The Foundry Park Inn & Spa
Catering, Accomodations, Venue – The Foundry Park Inn & Spa
Make Up – The Spa at The Foundry Park Inn & Spa
Wedding Cake – Cecilia Villaveces Cakes via The Foundry Park Inn
Flowers & Décor – Gardenia Floral Design
Photographer – A Different Light Images
Music – Custom Created by Groom, headed by Brock Butler
Bridesmaids & Wedding Gown – Wynokia Designs